Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Vintage Revamp

I have a small collection of broken vintage jewelry pieces.  Like a little girl playing in her mother's jewelry box, I get them out and admire them, but wonder how to repair them.  So I gave it a try with a couple pieces.  One is a bronze art deco piece missing a dangle - an easy fix, I chose a faceted black onyx bead and made matching earrings as well.  The second is a very old piece with dark patina and blue faux cat's eye cabochons.  This one would just not hang properly, the components being too heavy for the delicate chain.  So I carefully removed some of the chain and replaced it with white freshwater pearls and now it hangs and wears well.  A recent visit to Lowe's with my Dad's advice, I purchased some heavy duty wire cutters and files so that I can snip off the clip-on earring backs and broken pin backs from some other pieces.  These vintage pieces will be fun to wear with just about anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment